Recipe for Carrot Cake
Here is a simple recipe to make Carrot Cake
- 1 pound carrots
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and coat Bundt pan with vegetable oil spray. The flour the pan and tap out excess flour.
- In a medium size bowl, sift together flour, salt, soda and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut, walnuts and raisins. Set aside.
- Grate the carrots (to make 3 cups). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, pineapple with juice, oil and applesauce and then beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time and add vanilla and carrots.
- Add flour mixture and beat on low speed until combined. Add coconut, walnuts and raisins and combine.
- Put batter into 10 inch Bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a cocktail stick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack. Invert onto serving plate. Frost, and refrigerate for one hour.
- To make the frosting take a large bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, confectioners sugar, orange zest and juice and then beat until smooth.