Spaghetti with Tomatoes & Basil
Following this rule, its full flavour will be attained and it is best digested.
To taste pasta at its best, just follow these simple guidelines and cooking times
Pour a generous amount of water (1 liter per 100 grams of pasta) into the pot and put on the heat.
Add salt (10 grams per liter of water).
When the water begins to boil, add the pasta to the pot.
Let the water return to a boil, stirring the pasta from time to time, cooking it per the “boiling time” displayed on the pasta label.
Use a colander to drain the pasta, and then put the pasta on a plate. Add your favourite sauce, mix well and serve hot.
- 350 grams spaghetti
- 500 grams tomatoes (preferably San Marzano tomatoes)
- 50 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 30 grams white onion, minced
- 10 basil leaves
- 4 tablespoons Parmigiano- Reggiano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dip the tomatoes into boiling water for about ten seconds and place in a bowl of ice water for 1 minute.
- Remove from ice water, and dry. Peel them, remove the seeds and cut them in slices.
- In a saucepan, brown the minced onion in the olive oil, then add the tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about ten minutes.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of salted water, drain it and add it to the sauce.
- Garnish with basil leaves and sprinkle with the grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese before serving.